Sunday, September 26, 2010

A Winter Sketch

I'm finally back to submitting for a challenge this week again. The past several weeks I've been busy and haven't gotten a chance to participate. I guess with work, motherhood, being a wife and school starting life just got ahead of me.

This week was a sketch challenge at Heart 2 Heart. I decided to dig out liquid glass, vellum and lots of glitter. I went with a winter card. It's a 6x6 card I will send to someone special this winter. I hope the glitter will bring lots of smiles.

Here's the sketch I was working from. I decided to push the envelope and use the snowflakes as my circles. I stacked two different snowflake dimensional elements. I sponged them in crystal blue and then added lots of glitter. To soften the blue base I added vellum as the second layer. I added dots over the dots on the blue paper with liquid glass and then added glitter for a shimmery effect.

I'm ready to see what next week's challenge will be!


3 comments:

  1. Great card, I love that you used snowflakes for the circle element...and love the glitter!! Thanks for playing along with H2H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that blinged out snowflake, Kim! Sure does look sparkly! Great job with the sketch and I adore those wintry colors. Just perfect! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart challenges, I know that life gets hectic sometimes, but you've got to keep that creative outlet! (Makes everything else tolerable!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a total sucker for snowflakes!! Love what you did with this sketch. Thanks so much for playing along last week with H2H!

    ReplyDelete

Check out my website for more artwork and inspiration!