Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Embossing Challenge

This week's challenge is to use embossing on a project. It can be dry embossing or heat embossing. I happen to love embossing so this challenge is right up my alley. I couldn't decide on dry or heat embossing so I figured I just do both :)

I made a halloween card I'm sending to my nieces. I used the "In the Month of October" stamp set, which I love. The month ones are so versital and I find I keep grabbing for them!

I dry embossed on the card background and green accent piece. To do this you place the piece you want embossed on your cutter and using an embossing stylus run it down the cutting groove. Continue moving the paper and embossing until you get the desired patterned. To get even spacing I line up the first embossed line up with a line on my cutter and keep that same dimension all the way across. Once I was done embossing I turned it over and lightly sanded. This reveled the white core of the cardstock on the raised areas.

I heat embossed using versa mark and black embossing powder. I embossed the ghostly greeting circle, black cat, broom, bat and the fence with pumpkins. The heat embossing adds a shiny texture to the paper and mkes the item stand out.

It takes a little extra time but the embossing adds a ton and is so much fun! Try experimenting on your own layouts and cards!

4 comments:

  1. What a great card, I love your color choices on this! Thanks for playing eith us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card! The elements are all tiny and sweet but perfect for Halloween. Thanks for playing along with H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super spooky, Kim! I think your nieces will love this ghoulish and festive card! Awesome job on both typed of embossing as well! Thanks for playing along with us at Heart 2 Heart challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, very Halloween-y. Thanks for playing along with H2H.

    ReplyDelete

Check out my website for more artwork and inspiration!