Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sketch Challenge


My day number 2 for 365 Card challenge. Today is a sketch challenge. Here's the sketch that you need to use when making your card. The stitching was lots of fun to incorporate.

My card is made using Delight in Everything. The recent spring like weather (or as spring like as we get in March in Michigan) made me digging for some fun flowers and brighter colors.

To achieve the stitching I used the CTMH placement guide stamp set. This set is unique in that it just stamps the "dots" where stitching holes would be. You then use your paper piercer to make the holes and either stitch with floss or use a marker to connect the dots creating faux stitching. I chose the faux stitching because I didn't have the floss color I was looking for. This is a fun and fast way to "one-up" the simplicity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out my website for more artwork and inspiration!