Monday, April 19, 2010

Happy Birthday

I took the past several days off from the 365 challenge because it got busy around my house. We celebrated a birthday this week so I was getting ready for that. We had a small family party on Saturday. My mom always made us cut-out cakes for our birthday and I've carried on the tradition with my son. I thought they were just fun and different. Each year he and I look through my books together to pick out the "perfect cake". This year I found a new cake in Family Fun magazine I knew would be perfect for him so I made it a surprise year. He didn't see the cake until it was time to blow out the candles.

Here's my take on the Motorcross cake that was featured in the magazine. If you don't get it check them out online they have tons and tons of ideas for everything kid related (birthdays, bordum busters, crafts, homemade games and more).

I'm hoping to jump back into the card challenge this week sometime. It's another busy week as I prepare for a kid party and a mother/daughter event. My mothers and daughters will each make a photo flip album, paper purse with an accordian picture album, a paper bag mini album and a bookmark and card. It will be a fun event!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out my website for more artwork and inspiration!